Ark Priory Primary Academy opened in September 2013 admitting 60 Year Reception pupils and Nursery pupils. We have grown steadily since with a full cohort each year and now have pupils in Nursery through to Year 2. We look forward to welcoming new pupils in September who will join our Nursery and Reception classes.
This year we were once again over subscribed for Reception places in September 2017 and following the admissions criteria offered places up to 0.226 miles with the exception of LAC and sibling offers.
If you would like to make an application for Nursery starting in September 2018, please click this link.
We offer 60 spaces and these are divided into AM and PM sessions. Ark Priory Primary Academy is committed to serving children of all abilities and backgrounds, from its local community. If the academy is oversubscribed with applications, priority would be given to applicants in the order below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.